Today we are making simple and healthy, 1 ingredient dried beef liver treats for dogs. Most DIY dog treats are made with the perfect cookie cutter dog bone shape, but unfortunately many of these treats contain grains and flour. These ingredients often cause inflammatory and allergic reactions in dogs. This dried beef liver recipe may not be the most beautiful treat, but we promise your dog will absolutely love them—our pups drool over them!
Heres how to get started:
Cutting liver can get tricky, because it is very soft. To make things easier, freeze the package of liver, and then let it thaw fora few minutes on the counter. Next, sharpen your knife and cut the liver into strips, while it is still frozen. It will continue to thaw while you handle it.
- Preheat oven to 200° F
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or Silpat mat
- Cut liver into strips or squares about 1/4 inch thick.
- Space pieces of liver on sheet pan so they are not touching
- Bake for 2.5 hours (you can flip over treats half way, if desired)
- Lift the parchment paper off the sheet pan and place on a wire rack to allow the treats to cool completely and dry out on the bottom.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks!
Did you find this recipe helpful?