Your pet does so much to show you his or her love and devotion.
When your pet’s adoptiversary comes around, he or she deserves a fantastic bash to celebrate how much you appreciate him or her!
A little stumped on how to throw a birthday party for your furry friend?
In this post, we’re sharing a few party-planning tips to help make the event a blast.
Send out the invites
Send out cute invitations to your pet’s friends! Invite them to your house, a park, or a pet-friendly restaurant. Don’t forget the date and time, and let your guests know what to expect.
Don’t forget the cake
Of course, it wouldn’t be a birthday without a pet-friendly cake! No need to spend lots of money buying a cake—you can make a healthy, delicious treat for your pet at home.
Whichever recipe you choose, we recommend a potato or rice base and a meat or veggie icing. Butternut squash or carrots would be great ingredients for the icing because it helps prevent allergies and sensitivity flares.
One of our favorites recipes is a carrot and sweet potato cake from Kristen Thiem, the owner of The Good Dog Bakery.
Carrot Sweet Potato
- 2 cups white rice flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup honey
- ½ cup canola oil
- ½ low fat plain yogurt
- 3 eggs
- ½ cooked sweet potato
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix the honey, yogurt, oil, and eggs together. Mix the dry ingredients together and slowly add in to the wet mixture. Next, add in the sweet potato and carrots until incorporated.
- With a cake pan, spray with nonstick spray and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- For a muffin tin, just use paper liners.
- Bake cake for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Don't forget to add our multivitamin Holistic Total Body Support
Don’t forget about the activities so the furry friends enjoy themselves! Provide toys for the pets to play with, and have activities pre-planned. Here are some ideas for your pet’s birthday bash:
- Musical chairs—test each pup’s ability to sit on demand!
- Pool party—fill up kiddie pool with water for them to splash around.
- Costumes—have each pet come in costume and have a photo op!
Send home party favors
Be sure to say thank you to your guests for coming to the party! Offer party favors filled with treats and toys for your pet’s furry friends.
In lieu of gifts, ask your guests to donate to a local pet shelter or an animal cause dear to your heart. This is a great opportunity to help support the community, and also educate others about how they can help.
Check out our Pinterest for more fun pet ideas!