We’re sharing our favorite pet-friendly Christmas cookie recipe—because—why should Santa have all the fun this year?
Sure, it’s easier to buy the pre-made treats at the store, but these often include toxic ingredients that can cause inflammatory and allergic reactions in dogs.
When we make our pets’ cookies ourselves, we’re able to know all of the ingredients in the recipe.
- 2 cups flour (whole wheat or non-bleached is best)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- Water as needed
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl until it forms a soft dough. If the dough is dry, add a small amount of water.
- Roll out the dough on some parchment paper, and cut it into festive shapes using cookie cutters.
- Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake for about 15-18 minutes.
- Cool and serve! To store, place the cookies in an airtight container.
Did you find this DIY pet-friendly recipe helpful?