What to Expect from a Holistic Pet Health Coaching Package
If you love your pets like I love mine, you want the very best and safest way to treat and prevent disease in your four-legged family members. If your pet has been sick or has a terrible diagnosis, I bet you’ve been scouring the internet for information on your pet’s health issues. Your search has no doubt left you feeling overwhelmed.
You might question whether a holistic veterinary care approach is the right one or if it’ll even work. Yet, you can’t shake that feeling in the pit of your stomach that there might just be a better, safer way to care for your animal.
In my practice, I’ve had the honor of helping thousands of dogs and cats overcome health hurdles such as chronic kidney disease, GI illness, allergies, and cancer.
I combine scientific facts, decades of clinical work, and a holistic, integrative approach to help you find solutions that’ll nurture your furry friend back to optimum health.
I’m Your Pet’s Ally – A trusted source of information for you & your pet.
Thank you for your interest in scheduling a Coaching Call with Dr. Ruth. Now, let’s get down to the details!
We’d like you to be clear on Dr. Ruth’s consultation process and policies, before we continue. This information will help you decide if a consultation with her is appropriate for your pet’s medical situation, and help you get started.
*Please note that each consultation is for one pet only, but we offer multiple pet packages as well.
Email Support@drruthroberts.com for more info*
The consultation consists of a few parts:
- Information will be gathered through our Consultation Questionnaire and Pet Personality Form, along with your submitted questions and concerns. The packages also include Dr. Ruth’s review of medical records, including photos, xrays, lab tests, etc. sent in by you or your vet. You can email them here: Support@drruthroberts.com
- You will send pictures of your pet from the front, side, top, and ideally a picture of your pet’s tongue. The tongue picture is certainly the most difficult to take, and often captured more easily if you entice your pet to open its mouth for a treat. Keep in mind that a relaxed tongue is a better indication of internal health than a tongue that’s tensed up because you’re prying the mouth open.
- The actual consultation can be conducted via Video Chat, telephone, and you will be provided a link to call into via Zoom. (Check out your email after successfully booking a consultation and always double check the time-zone. You can choose to download a small piece of software to have a video call, or call directly into the listed numbers in the link. During the consultation, Dr. Ruth will ask you some questions to clarify facts, and get some additional history on your pet. Then she will lay out a health plan, and answer any questions you may have. Dr. Ruth may also need some time to research specific questions. If so, she will let you know.
- Within 48 hours, you will receive a written “Health Map” for your pet that includes a diet plan, supplement plan, call recording, transcript, and other lifestyle recommendations. Dr. Ruth may also recommend additional testing that your local veterinarian can complete. Dr. Ruth will lay out expected progress on the plan, and a suggested check-in schedule. She is also happy to talk to your veterinarian about the plan.
- Afterward, you may email any questions you need answered about the plan. You can email them here: Support@drruthroberts.com
- After 1-2 weeks, you can send us a follow-up question with your pet’s condition, and Dr. Ruth will answer via Ipets Allu Ultimate, which you will be given access or an invite via FB groups. All consult clients are given a month free access to this course where Dr. Ruth does live Q&A every week on Tuesdays with the members.
- We highly recommend a follow-up consultation approximately one month after your initial consultation. This follow-up assesses how the health plan is benefiting your pet, and will allow us to adjust the treatment plan as needed. A 30 day follow-up is included in the Advanced Care Package only.
Tips and Recommendations for a Successful Consultation:
You are responsible for making sure all information (consult forms, medical records, lab tests, x-rays, biopsy results, etc) you wish to discuss has arrived either via fax 800-991-2996, or has been emailed to Support@drruthroberts.com atleast 48 hours prior to the consultation.
Dr. Ruth cannot guarantee the review of any information provided less than 48 hours before your scheduled appointment.
Getting records sent over from your veterinarian can take time. We recommend scheduling the consultation 5-7 days after your purchase, so there is adequate time to complete this process. It is a good idea to follow up with your local vet to be sure that your pet’s records have been sent, after submitting your request. It’s also recommended to confirm with Dr. Ruth’s support staff, via email, that they have been received.
The consultation fee includes the time Dr. Ruth spends reviewing your pet’s medical records and/or your questions, time spent developing your pet’s Health Map, as well as the actual consultation conversation. Package pricing varies by overall time that will be specifically dedicated to your pet, and is outlined here.
Supplement recommendations will be made via Fullscripts, our online platform for professional supplements. You can choose to purchase there, with a 5% discount, or simply use the recommendations to purchase elsewhere, Or Visit Dr. Ruth’s Online Shop. Standard Process recommendations will be made on Patient Direct. You will be given credentials to access both of these services at the end of your consultation.
You are responsible for being available on Zoom, or calling the number provided 2-3 minutes prior to your scheduled consult. You aren’t charged for this time and your consultation time begins when the doctor comes on the line.
What lab work would be needed and what test results could I get done prior to meeting with you?
- It depends on the issue but CBC, chemistry Urinalysis at a minimum.
What if You Have More Questions But You Ran-out of Time?
At the end of a scheduled consultation, some clients find they have more questions and would like to continue their appointment past their original time slot. If there is time available, this is no problem! You are welcome to add as much time as you wish in 30 minute increments. However, if another pet’s appointment has been scheduled at that time, you will need to set up an additional appointment and our phone consult will end promptly at the appointed time.
If you have tests or diagnostics completed in between phone consults, feel free to send us those results. Please note that new test results, or questions about new issues that surface in between consults, will be added to your pet’s file and discussed during your next consultation.
To continue a professional relationship with Dr. Ruth, you will need to schedule follow up consultations every 6 – 12 months.
All consult requests, cancellations and questions are communicated via the Acuity Appointment notice you received, or email with the patient coordinator at DrRuthRoberts@DrRuthRoberts.com / Support@drruthroberts.com. If you need to cancel or reschedule your consultation, please do so via email at least 48 hours in advance. We will reschedule your appointment as soon as possible. If you find you no longer wish to go through with your consultation, we will happily refund your payment, retaining the cost of any time Dr. Ruth has already spent reviewing your records.
Dr. Ruth practices lifestyle medicine, she does not offer emergency consulting appointments. Consults are booked on a first come, first serve basis and there is usually a substantial waiting list.
These consultations are designed to provide clients with an integrative opinion about their pet’s health, nutrition and well-being. Phone consultation should NEVER take the place of actual physical examination of your pet by a licensed veterinarian, or your primary care veterinarian. Dr. Ruth can not be considered your primary care veterinarian. She only provides suggestions for non-life threatening, non-emergency medical issues.
NOTE: If your pet is having a medical emergency or appears to be unwell, please see your closest ER clinic or contact your local veterinarian immediately.
Dr. Ruth can only offer suggestions for improving your pet’s overall lifestyle, she cannot prescribe for your pet and is in no way fulfilling the role of a primary care professional for your pet.
It is your responsibility to continue a professional relationship with a hands-on, local veterinarian for routine and emergency medical care for your pet. Dr. Ruth is happy to send a copy of your pet’s Plan to your local veterinarian and answer any questions he or she may have.
Purchasing a consultation with Dr. Ruth means you have read this important background information and agree to comply with the instructions provided.